RECIPE | ROASTED CHICKEN POTATO & CARROT
During the cold winter spell, I warm up the house with an oven roast of chicken, potatoes and carrots. My family enjoys this recipe because the potatoes soak up the juices from the chicken and the chicken tastes so crispy on the outside, while the carrots remain sweet and tender. A great recipe for a family gathering when you're not too keen on roasting a whole chicken.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
ROASTED CHICKEN POTATO & CARROT RECIPE
SERVES 4 | PREP TIME 15 MINS | COOK TIME 45 MINS
- 4 chicken thighs ( Note: I use Certified Humane chicken from Blue Goose Pure Foods. Free of hormones & antibiotics. It's also very reasonably priced and much healthier for you)
- 1.5 pounds of yellow baby potatoes chopped into quarters (or yellow potatoes peeled & large diced)
- 4 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Fresh Rosemary Leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Fresh Thyme (optional) plucked from stems
- 6 cloves of Garlic unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons of Paprika Powder
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive OIl
- 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Pepper
- Preheat oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop your potatoes and carrots. Wash your chicken and pat dry. In a large bowl, mix your potatoes and carrots together and lay chicken thighs on top.
- In a separate small bowl, mix Rosemary Leaves, Thyme leaves, Paprika, Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper, and Cloves of Garlic well. This is your marinade.
- Pour marinade over the chicken, potatoes and carrots. Combine well until all elements are covered
- In a baking pan, line the pan with potatoes and carrots and rest chicken thighs (skin up) on top of potatoes/carrots.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Garnish with fresh Rosemary leaves.
Note: I'm not sponsored by Blue Goose Pure Foods, I just enjoy their affordable meat which does not contain hormones/antibiotics. It is Certified Humane so animals are treated humanely from birth to slaughter. They're also free-range.