LIVING GREEN | ECO FRIENDLY YOGA MAT & CLEANER
I practice Yoga at home so I use my mat often. It's important to clean it well as the mats are picking up floor dust, skin particles from your hands and feet and not to mention sweat. I've been in search for a mat that is Eco-friendly and an organic mat cleaner and my husband was the one who found them for me! So if you're also in the search I hope you find this post helpful.
Diadora's Zen TPE Yoga Mat is 4mm thick and has a good grip. I don't ever feel like I am slipping. Thin enough to provide balance for standing poses but also thick enough to cushion my back on more relaxed poses. They also offer a 6mm version. Most importantly it's:
- Made of Biodegradable materials so it can be recycled
- Latex and PVC free
- Can be found at Sport Chek for $30.39
However, if you're looking for the best eco-friendly yoga mat, Jade Harmony Professional tops the list with their most popular mat called the Harmony Mat.
- It's 3/16" thick and rated 4 to 5 stars on many review websites.
- "Jade mats are made sustainable with natural rubber tapped from rubber trees, a renewable resource and unlike other mats contains no PVC, EVA or other synthetic rubber and are made in the United States in compliance with all US environmental, labor and consumer protection laws. And, Jade plants a tree for every mat sold – with over 850,000 trees planted so far."
- Can be purchased on my eco-friendly shop by clicking here
YOGA MAT CLEANER
Manduka's Mat Restore is a non-chemical and natural cleaning solution that helps to keep your mat fresh and clean of bacteria. It is:
- Phosphate free
- Does not contain any alcohol or any other drying ingredient
- Ingredients: water, white vinegar, certified organic essential oils, chelating agent (phosphate free), saponified vegetable oil.
- Can be purchased through my Eco-Friendly Shop by clicking here
- How does it clean? "Mat Restore contains vinegar to disinfect and restore color, citric acid to neutralize hard water and positively charged cationic surfactants to attract dirt and essential oils with antimicrobial therapeutic properties."
Easy to use
For occasional deep cleaning, spray liberally on your mat and allow it to soak for 5 minutes. Then with a warm damp cloth, wipe down mat to remove dirt, etc. Then wipe with a clean cloth and allow your mat to dry before rolling. For daily cleaning, spray over mat and just wipe down with a damp cloth. Then wipe with a clean cloth and allow mat to dry before rolling.
For more reviews on the best yoga mat, visit Reviews.com by clicking here.