RECIPE | CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICH
This recipe is dedicated and inspired by Evelyn. She was my friend and the heart & soul of our social circle - we will never forget her. On days when I cook, I'm reminded of her passion for food and how she would share recipes on her website (Pretty Yummie | Living the Sweet Life). She taught me how to make the best chicken salad sandwich I've ever had and still to this day, there are no others that can compare. She was an angel - full of goodness, generosity and kindness that was infectious to others. Her motivation to take risks and follow your dreams still inspires me to this day. Ev, this post is for you - happy belated birthday.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICH RECIPE
SERVES 4 (6 INCH SANDWICH PER PERSON) | PREP TIME 20 MINUTES | COOK TIME 15 MINS | COOLING TIME 10 MINS
Adapted from Evelyn Lau
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Green Onions Finely Chopped (Optional)
- 2-3 Small Stalks of Celery Finely Chopped
- 2 Small Carrots Finely Chopped
- 8 Leaves of Romaine Lettuce
- 1/3 cup of Dried Cranberries
- 1 Ciabatta Baguette long enough to cut into 4x 6 inch portions
- 1 teaspoon of Dried Oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Honey Mustard
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of mayonnaise (depends on how much mayo you like)
- In hot boiling water, cook chicken on medium high for 15 minutes
- In the meantime, finely chop celery, carrots and green onions and set aside
- Once chicken has boiled and while it's still hot, add the oregano, salt, pepper. Shred the chicken with two forks.
- Then add chopped celery, carrots and green onions to the chicken
- Add in mayonnaise, honey mustard, and dried cranberries and mix well
- Taste your chicken salad and feel free to add more salt or mayo if needed. This all depends on your personal taste. My husband loves more mayo whereas I prefer a light coating of it
- Allow the chicken salad to cool in the fridge for 10 minutes so that the flavours can soak in
- Now it's time to assemble your sandwich! Slice your ciabatta bun in half and line each bun with a lettuce leaf. Then scoop a 3-4 tablespoons of your chicken salad to one side of the bun and serve.