30 MIN. EGG TOFU FRIED RICE RECIPE (VEGETARIAN)
This is a quick vegetarian Egg Tofu Fried Rice that I hope many of you will enjoy! It’s flavourful, full of contrasting textures and the smoked tofu offers a delicious aroma and taste. It takes 15 minutes to cook if you already have cooked rice sitting in the fridge.
For this recipe, some key ingredients I’m using are: Soyganic Smoked Tofu, Burnbrae Farms free-range organic eggs, Chosen Foods avocado oil, and Earth Balance vegan butter. It’s also important to use quality organic soy sauce as it makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE!
Well I hope you enjoy this recipe and if you do please share with family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed.
EGG TOFU FRIED RICE (VEGETARIAN)
SERVES 3-4 | PREP TIME 15 MINS | COOK TIME 15 MINS
- 1.5 cups uncooked jasmine rice made the night before
- 3 eggs whisked with 1 tsp of sesame oil + 1 tsp of light soy sauce
- 1 block smoked tofu, diced
- 3 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 small cooking onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp avocado oil.
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 3 tbsp light organic soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Break up your cooked rice with your hands. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, 1 tsp of sesame oil and 1 tsp of light soy sauce together. Set aside.
- In a large wok set on high heat, add 1 tbsp of avocado oil. Fry eggs until cooked and cut them into pieces using your spatula. Set aside.
- Next in the same wok, add 1 tbsp of avocado oil and fry tofu until edges are browned. Set aside.
- In the same wok, heat up the frozen peas and carrots. Set aside.
- In the same work, add 1 tbsp of avocado oil and fry onions and garlic until soft and translucent. Add in the last tablespoon of oil and add in rice. Pour in light and dark soy sauce followed by sesame oil and vegan butter. Fry until rice is no longer white.
- Add back into your wok the frozen peas and carrots, tofu, and egg. Mix until well combined but careful not to crush the rice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot and enjoy!