ASIAN TOFU STIR FRY RECIPE (VEGAN)
Hope you’re all doing really well! I can’t believe how close Christmas is and how close 2019 is! It’s really got me thinking about this past year and how so much has happened. This year was incredibly eventful with a couple of challenging times like losing my first dog Cilka or my knee injury to some amazing moments like bringing Maddie, a new rescue dog into our family or starting Holistic Nutrition School with Nutraphoria only a couple of weeks ago! Not to mention, my brother getting married and visiting my Malaysia again. I’ve learned a hell of a lot this year about how to slow down and be conscious of the now to figuring out what my purpose is. I am really thankful to God for showing me all these revelations.
Next year is going to be a GREAT year! I am putting that out there and I can’t wait to start it off on a good note. Mindset is everything (that’s what I learned in 2018) and it’s important to make it a positive one.
Now about this recipe! This is a meatless Asian Tofu Stir fry using broccoli, celery, carrots, snap peas, and minced garlic. Glazed over with a soy sauce gravy and some sriracha sauce for extra kick. For this recipe, I’m using organic extra firm tofu by Soyganic and all organic veggies! The ingredients of the soy sauce and sriracha sauce are also organic. It’s really important to avoid pesticide ridden food as much as possible as over time pesticides store in our fatty tissues. Pesticides are linked to congenital illnesses, infertility, and cancer. The best is to go organic wherever you can and if you can’t, soak your produce in water and vinegar for at least 10 minutes to remove the pesticides.
Well I hope you enjoy this recipe and if you do please share it with your family and friends!
Disclaimer : I am not sponsored by any of the companies listed.
ASIAN TOFU STIR FRY RECIPE (Vegan)
SERVES 5-6 as a side | READY IN 30 MINS
- 1 cup Soyganic extra firm smoked tofu, diced
- 2 organic broccoli crowns, chopped
- 3 organic carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 organic celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cups snap peas
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Soy Sauce Gravy:
- 3 tbsp organic soy sauce
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 5 tbsp cold water
- Prepare your ingredients above. In a small bowl, mix together your soy sauce, corn starch and cold water. Mix until well combined.
- In a large non stick pan set on medium high heat, add 1 tbsp of avocado oil. Once hot, add diced tofu and pan fry on all sides until golden brown, about 7-10 mins. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Into the same pan set, add in remaining oil. Add minced garlic and fry until fragrant.
- Add in chopped vegetables. Pour in 4 tbsp of water. Cover with a lid and lower heat to medium. Allow vegetables to cook, about 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and lower heat to low setting. Toss in cooked tofu followed by soy sauce gravy and quickly mix together until well combined. Serve immediate with some sriracha hot sauce and rice.