RECIPE | EGG BREAKFAST WRAP (VEGETARIAN)
Hey guys! Happy Tuesday. I'm starting this week off with one of my favourite meals of the day - breakfast! I'm not a morning person but when I have a coffee and a delicious breakfast sandwich in hand, I am one happy girl. This wrap is so quick to make. Just fry up yours eggs, warm up the tortillas, throw in your favourite toppings and that's it! It's fantastic for family meals where everyone can assemble their own wraps (even the kids!) so that saves time for the chef. This recipe was inspired by Jamie Oliver, I love the man to death. He's an incredibly talented chef, family-oriented and strongly cares about the health of our communities encouraging people to eat better. If I could choose one chef to meet, it would hands-down be him.
In this recipe, I'm cooking with Neal Brothers' Organic Salsa, Terra Delyssa's Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Vicki's Veggies sustainable hot sauce. The eggs are organic free-range and by a brand called NUTRI carried at Wholefoods. I find in my experience free-range organic eggs are better tasting as the hens live in happier and stress-free environments.
Well I hope you try this recipe out for breakfast one day, heck you can even have it for lunch or dinner (I sure did!).
If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
EGG BREAKFAST WRAP RECIPE
Adapted from Jamie Oliver
YIELDS 4 SERVINGS | PREP TIME 15 MINS | COOK TIME 5 MINS
- 4 small tortilla wraps
- 6 free-range organic eggs, scrambled
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Small handful of fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp of organic extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp of organic mild salsa
- hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above. In a frying pan set on low heat, warm up your tortillas and flip them over after 1 minute of heating. We only want to warm them, not brown them.
- Meanwhile in a non-stick pan set on medium heat, pour the olive oil in. Add in your scrambled eggs, season with salt and pepper. Slowly stir the eggs with a spatula scraping the bottom of the pan to prevent them from sticking. Keep doing this at a slow pace until the eggs have reached a shape but still look a bit wet or runny. Turn off the heat and remove pan off the heat, set aside. Your eggs are cooked at this point and we don't want to overcook them.
- Once tortillas are warmed up, it's time to assemble each wrap. Lay the tortilla flat on a plate. Add in a scoop of the scrambled eggs, followed by a sprinkling of cheese, sliced avocadoes, a few cherry tomatoes, some salsa, fresh basil and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle a bit of olive oil over top. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Wrap it up and serve immediately.