RECIPE | FUNFETTI PANCAKES
Funfetti pancakes are sweet and have that wonderful "birthday cake" taste all in one. You can change the theme of your pancakes by simply swapping the colour of your sprinkles. From red and green for Christmas to red and pink for Valentine's day or the classic rainbow sprinkles for a special birthday. This recipe is dairy-free but it does contain eggs. If you want make this recipe vegan, you can use an egg substitute instead.
Here I'm using dairy, wheat and gluten free cake mix by Wow Baking Company, organic coconut oil by Nutiva, almond milk and almond coffee creamer by Silk, organic vegan fair-trade powdered sugar by Wholesome Sweet and free-range organic eggs by Burnbrae Farms. I purchased all ingredients except for the eggs from Noah's Health Food Store in Toronto. You can find Burnbrae eggs from Sobeys, Loblaws and most major Canadian Retailers.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends. Wishing you all a very Happy Holidays and a wonderful new year ahead!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
FUNFETTI PANCAKES RECIPE
Adapted from Pop Sugar Funfetti Pancakes
YIELDS 9 SMALL PANCAKES | PREP TIME 15 MINS | COOK TIME
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 216 grams of vanilla dairy and gluten free cake mix
- 1/6 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 eggs
- 1 1/6 cups almond milk
- 1/6 cup rainbow sprinkles
*Note: 1/6 cup can be also be measured as 2 tbsp + 2 tsp
- 1/2 cup vegan powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoons room temperature coconut oil
- 1 tablespoons vanilla almond coffee creamer by Silk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, cane sugar, salt, and cake mix. Set aside. In another bowl, mix together the coconut oil, eggs and almond milk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the sprinkles just before you fry the pancakes and not any earlier or sprinkles will lose their colour into the batter.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat. Add 1/2 tsp of coconut oil to the pan and allow it melt. Ladle about 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto the pan. Cook pancake for approximately 2 minutes per side. Remove from the griddle, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, coconut oil, almond coffee creamer, and vanilla. The frosting should be a smooth consistency. If you'd like to drizzle the frosting, microwave for about 10 seconds and re-whisk the frosting.
- Serve with frosting and more sprinkles. Enjoy!