RECIPE | POMEGRANATE MACHE SALAD
This light and protein rich salad will keep you full and wanting more especially with this easy Honey Lemon Dressing by Jamie Oliver (click here for it or scroll down below). The base of this salad are Mâche leaves, also known as corn salad, mixed with avocado, corn, pomegranate, roasted cashews and roasted pumpkin seeds. It's a great side dish or acts well as a main course but just fill up that plate. The nuts and avocado leave you feeling satiated. If you're not a fan of avocado, you can always remove it.
I'm using I Love Organic Girl's salad mix which has been pre-washed three times. I like purchasing from this specific company because their salads are 100% organic, non-GMO, tasty, fresh and their packaging is 100% recyclable. They have a large variety of different salad variations from baby kale to spinach to your classic romaine hearts. They're found at most Canadian retailers like Loblaws, Whole Foods, Walmart, Pusateri's, and at select health food stores, click here for their store locator.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
POMEGRANATE MACHE SALAD
SERVES 2 LARGE PORTIONS | PREP TIME 15 MINS | COOK TIME 0 MINS!
- 1 BOX OF ORGANIC GIRL'S SWEET MACHE BLEND (ALTERNATIVE: MACHE LEAVES SOLD IN BUNCHES)
- SEEDS OF 1 POMEGRANATE
- 2 AVOCADO'S DICED
- 1 CUP OF CANNED CORN (OPT: FROZEN CORN BOILED AND COOLED DOWN WORKS TOO)
- 1 CUP OF ROASTED UNSALTED CASHEWS
- 1/2 CUP OF ROASTED SALTED PUMPKIN SEEDS
JAMIE OLIVER'S HONEY LEMON DRESSING
- 6 TBSP OF EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1 TBSP OF HONEY
- 3 TBSP OF FRESH LEMON JUICE
- SALT & PEPPER TO TASTE
- Peel and dice your avocados, tossing the pit. Prepare your other ingredients as listed above.
- Slice your pomegranate in half. To remove the seeds: using a wooden spoon, whack the back of the pomegranate so that the seeds fall into a bowl.
- Lightly combine the mache leaves, pomegranate, avocado, corn, cashews, pumpkin seeds. Drizzle the Honey Lemon Dressing over top.
HONEY LEMON DRESSING:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. For future usage, store in a mason jar in the fridge.