30 MIN. CREAMY TOMATO CHEESE PASTA RECIPE (VEGAN)
Here is a fast 30 minute pasta recipe that is meatless and very sustainable! It's also SUPER DELICIOUS, creamy and so satisfying to eat. The fresh basil is a must and it is the perfect addition to this dish.
For this recipe, I'm using:
- Barilla penne pasta (non-GMO)
- Neal Brothers Tomato Basil pasta sauce
- Follow Your Heart Earth Island Vegan Cheddar Cheese
- Homemade Cashew Cream
Well I hope you guys enjoy this, if you do please share it with your family and friends!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed.
CREAMY TOMATO CHEESE PASTA RECIPE (VEGAN)
SERVES 3-4 | PREP TIME 11 MINS | COOK TIME 15 MINS
- 1 box (500 g) penne rigate pasta
- 1 (640 ml) jar of Neal Brothers Tomato Basil organic pasta sauce
- 2 slices vegan cheddar cheese of your choice
- 1 cup of cashew cream (see below for recipe)
- Handful organic fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup raw organic cashews
- boiling hot water
- mason jar with a lid
Required: High Power Blender
- Add cashews into a jar. Fill the mason jar with boiling hot water. Allow this to soak for 5 minutes. Add contents of jar into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Boil your pasta according to package instructions, approximately 11 minutes. Meanwhile prepare your ingredients as listed above.
- In another pot set on medium heat, add oil and garlic slices. Fry until softened and fragrant. Then immediately pour in tomato basil sauce and cashew cream. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes covered.
- Strain your pasta and pour pasta into the sauce. Add in cheddar cheese slices and mix. Once well combined throw in fresh basil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!