RECIPE | 6-INGREDIENT TOMATO GARLIC PASTA (VEGAN)
Less is more. This dish only takes 6 ingredients. It has a simple taste but it keeps me coming back for more even though the ingredients are few. It's also so quick to make, you will be laughing! This was one of the dishes I would eat a lot when I was making the transition to more plant-based foods. It's so delicious and filling and I had no issues eating it over and over again. It was inspired by Gennaro Contaldo, mentor to Jamie Oliver, and I always look to Gennaro for Italian recipes.
For this recipe, I'm using organic grape tomatoes (cherry tomatoes work even better if you have those), garlic, organic fresh basil leaves, Barilla GMO-free pasta, Terra Delyssa Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt and pepper.
I hope you guys enjoy making and eating it! If you do, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share this recipe or my YouTube video with your family and friends across social media or by simple word of mouth. I'd appreciate it GREATLY!
Take good care,
6-INGREDIENT TOMATO GARLIC PASTA
Adapted from Gennaro Contaldo
SERVES 2 | PREP TIME 10 MINS | COOK TIME 15 MINS
- 250 g of spaghettini pasta
- 1 pint of grape or cherry organic tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 handful of organic fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp of organic extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste, salt to season pasta water
- 1/3 cup of reserved hot pasta water or water
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above. Boil your pasta according to package instructions in a pot of salted water. Reserve 1/3 cup of hot pasta water for sauce.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan set on low heat, add your olive oil. Add in garlic and slow fry until fragrant. Once fragrant, add in the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Fry until tomatoes are softened. Cover with a lid and let it cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add in reserved pasta water. Then throw in the cooked pasta. Top off with chopped basil leaves and combine well. Once combined, turn off your heat and plate your pasta. Optional: garnish with more fresh basil.