RECIPE | ASIAN CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAP
This is one of my favourite Asian appetizers. The lettuce possesses a cool crisp crunch while the filling is sweet and soft. With these contrasting flavours and textures, it's definitely an enjoyable dish. Though they look difficult to make, they aren't at all and they're pretty quick to whip up. In sourcing your ingredients, please consider Certified Humane chicken. The less stressed the chickens are, the better the flavour and the less toxins you're consuming as well. If you're looking for a particular brand, try Blue Goose Pure Foods.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
ASIAN CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAP RECIPE
SERVES 4 | PREP TIME 15 MINS | COOK TIME 8 MINS
- 1 LB OF SKINLESS BONELESS CHICKEN THIGH SMALL DICED
- 1 HEAD OF ICEBERG LETTUCE LEAVES SOAKED IN ICE COLD WATER (Note: the lettuce in the picture is romaine lettuce I had in my garden)
- 1 RED PEPPER FINELY DICED
- 2 STALKS OF CELERY FINELY DICED
- 3 GARLIC CLOVES FINELY CHOPPED
- 3 SCALLIONS FINELY CHOPPED
- 1 TABLESPOON OF SOY SAUCE (LOW SODIUM)
- 1/4 CUP OF HOISIN SAUCE
- 1 TBSP AVOCADO OIL
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above. For your lettuce, peel your leaves and soak them in ice cold water to get them extra crispy. Then strain the water completely when ready to fill the lettuce wraps.
- In a medium size bowl, mix your diced chicken with your finely chopped garlic and soy sauce. In a deep pan set on medium high heat, add some avocado oil and fry the chicken for 5 minutes.
- Add in your finely diced red peppers, celery, and scallions and stir. Cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Then add in your hoisin sauce and cook for another 3 minutes until your sauce is thick.
- Have your strained lettuce leaves on a separate plate with your hot filling on another. Then when ready to serve, allow yourself or your guests to fill the wraps.