RECIPE | AVOCADO EGG RADISH TOAST (VEGETARIAN)
One way to take your avocado egg toast to the next level is by adding fresh radishes and chives! The combination of these flavours together makes for a delicious snack or meal. The crunchy radishes add another level of texture and flavour to something that usually lacks any texture above the toast.
For this recipe, I'm using Stonemill Bakehouse Sourdough Bavarian Light Rye bread and it's my favourite packaged bread ever! They ferment their yeast for at least 12 hours! Their ingredients are organic and non-GMO. Check out their website for more information and where to buy this delicious bread, by clicking here. I'm also using vegan butter by Earth Balance.
Well I hope you enjoy this quick recipe! If you do, please share it with family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed.
AVOCADO EGG RADISH TOAST RECIPE
SERVES 1 | PREP TIME 5 MINS | COOK TIME 5-6 MINS
- 1 organic free-range egg
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 slice of sourdough light rye bread, toasted
- dairy-free butter
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- a sprinkle of fresh chives, chopped
- a sprinkle of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Required: a toaster or a frying pan to toast your bread
- In a small pot filled with water, bring it to a boil. Lower the heat to a rolling simmer. Crack your egg into a bowl and slide it into the simmering water. Boil for 5-6 minutes uncovered. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, toast your bread. Spread some vegan butter over it. Lay your sliced avocado overtop, followed by the sliced radishes. Then top it off with your poached egg. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Lastly throw on some chopped chives. Enjoy!