RECIPE | BASIL ROSÉ PASTA (VEGAN)
I’m really excited to share this pasta recipe with you! It’s simple, flavourful and so creamy! When I made it, I was very happy with how it turned out - thanks to the homemade garlic cashew cream. You’re probably backing away from this recipe thinking, “Making cashew cream is too much work”. But I promise you it’s not and the results are worth it! It’s as simple as putting raw cashews with water in a sealed jar and storing it in the fridge overnight. Then the next day you would simply blend it with a couple raw garlic cloves! You can also save this cream for usage later by freezing it.
For this recipe, I’m using Barilla fettucine which is non-GMO, Victoria Fine Foods Marinara Sauce, fresh basil, and my home made cashew cream sauce!
Well I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you do, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by companies listed in this post.
BASIL ROSÉ PASTA RECIPE (VEGAN)
SERVES 3-4 | PREP TIME FOR CASHEW CREAM: OVERNIGHT | PREP TIME FOR PASTA: 5 MINS | TOTAL COOK TIME: 20 MINS
- 1 box or 454 g fettuccine
- 2 cups of good quality marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup of blended cashew cream
- 2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 2 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves
- The night before or 3-4 hours in advance, add raw cashews to a jar. Fill it up with water and seal it. Store in fridge overnight or 3-4 hours.
- Next day, pour out most of the cashew water leaving ½ cup left. Pour the contents into a blender. Add garlic cloves. Blend until smooth.
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above. Boil your pasta according to packet instructions, strain and set aside.
- Meanwhile in another pot set on medium heat, add olive oil and garlic. Fry until fragrant. Add marinara sauce. Bring to a simmer.
- Add in the cashew cream, stir until well combined and the sauce becomes a rose colour. Season with salt to taste.
- Throw in cooked pasta, mix until noodles are evenly coated in sauce. Garnish with fresh chopped basil and serve immediately. Enjoy!