RECIPE | BERRY SALAD
Berries are beautifully in season. You can tell when they have that vibrancy that doesn't compare to any other season. Strawberries are definitely the star fruit of this salad. Paired with spinach, pomegranate, blueberries and cashews - this salad is sweet and yummy. It is great as a side dish or as a meal.
Strawberries also beam with amazing health benefits. They are packed with nutrients and antioxidants such as Vitamin C to help you fight against free radicals or cancer causing elements. They defend your immunity due to the amount of Vitamin C they possess. "In fact one serving of strawberries contain 51.5 mg of Vitamin C - about half of your daily requirement". Check out the list below for other amazing health benefits:
- They prevent eye cataracts (when your eyes become cloudy as we age which can cause blindness)
- They better our skin by preventing wrinkles and give our skin some bounce
- Strawberries offset cholesterol by "counteracting the effect of low-density lipoprotein, or LDL—bad cholesterol in the blood—which causes plaque to build up in arteries. A second way is that they provide an anti-inflammatory effect, which is also good for the heart.”
- Trims inflammation in the joints because it contains antioxidants and phytochemicals
- Normalizes blood pressure as it contains Potassium
- They help you visit the bathroom more regularly because they have lots of fibre
- Strawberries are an excellent source of Folate perfect for woman who are trying to become or already are pregnant
- Helps with weight loss (Sourced from: Best Health Magazine)
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
SERVES 2 | PREP TIME 10 MINS | COOK TIME 0 MINS!
- 2 BUNCHES OF ORGANIC SPINACH LEAVES (WASH THOROUGHLY & DRAINED)
- 1 PINT OF BLUEBERRIES WASHED
- 1 PINT OF STRAWBERRIES SLICED
- SEEDS OF 1 POMEGRANATE
- 1/2 CUP OF CASHEWS COARSELY CHOPPED
- Prepare ingredients as listed above
- Mix all of them together!
- Pair with a lemon poppyseed dressing
Enjoy! How easy and fast was that?