RECIPE | BERRY YOGURT PARFAIT (VEGAN)
Recently I've really been into eating Berry Yogurt Parfaits as dessert. It's healthy, smooth, crunchy and sweet. Since I'm abstaining from cattle and pork for sustainability reasons, I've learned that a lot of yogurts contain gelatin and that originates from cows and pigs. But don't fret there are a lot of delicious animal-free yogurt alternatives which use soy milk as the base. Just look for "Dairy Free" and check if it contains gelatin in the ingredients section.
For this parfait recipe, I love using granola as the main crunch factor. I could probably eat sweetened granola on its own because it's so good. My husband purchases "Love Crunch: Dark Chocolate and Berries" by Nature's Path Organic. It compliments the fresh berries well because it contains freeze-dried berries. It's also organic, Non-GMO, the chocolate is FREE-TRADE and did I mention it's a Canadian company too? You can find it at any Wholefoods store but I've provided their store locator link here.
This recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make and it's a great and healthy dessert for adults and kids! Hope you enjoy it as much as me.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
BERRY YOGURT PARFAIT
SERVES 1 | PREP TIME 10 MINS | COOK TIME 0 MINS!
- 1 CUP OF DAIRY FREE COCONUT YOGURT
- 1/3 CUP OF LOVE CRUNCH DARK CHOCOLATE AND BERRIES GRANOLA (OR ANY GRANOLA OF YOUR CHOICE)
- 1/3 CUP OF ORGANIC STRAWBERRIES SLICED
- 1/3 CUP OF ORGANIC BLACKBERRIES
- 1/3 CUP OF ORGANIC RASPBERRIES
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above.
- In a small to medium serving bowl, pour in a cup of the Coconut yogurt.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup of the granola mix over the yogurt.
- Then add and arrange your berries over top of the granola. Enjoy!
Yes it's that easy to preparing a healthy and delicious dessert!