RECIPE | BRUSCHETTA TOAST (VEGAN)
This week I'm sharing toast in two ways. Toast is such a simple fix for a meal or snack. It's quick to whip up if you're in a hurry and it's filling. I'm sharing two of my favourite ways to have it: Bruschetta & Dill Cucumber style (this thursday). Both are made with vegan cream cheese by a brand called Toffuti and it tastes very close to the real thing! Texture and taste are pretty bang on, the only part missing is that sour taste you get from cheese which I could do without to be honest.
The bread I'm using for this toast is Bavarian Light Rye Sourdough Bread by a new bread company called Stonemill Slow Crafted Bakehouse. I LOVE their breads because they are SO TASTY. They're non-GMO, eco-friendly and their breads are fully fermented giving you the best taste unlike other factory breads. "Typical factory bread is made in a high speed process, that takes as little as 3 hours, by using chemicals and/or artificial additives to reduce mixing and fermentation times and to replace moisture as their bread has lower water consumption. At Stonemill, we ferment our dough for as long as 24 hours to create the deliciously complex flavour of our breads, making every bite even more delicious than the last. Fermenting our dough allows us to make breads without adding chemical additives, sugar or fat. Instead, our bread is full of nutrients and optimal for metabolization and digestibility." - Stonemill Bakehouse. Their breads are sold at most major Canadian grocers. Click here to find your nearest location.
Well I hope you enjoy this recipe and if you do, please share it with your family and friends!
Take good care,
BRUSCHETTA TOAST RECIPE
YIELDS 2 PCS | PREP TIME 10 MINS
- 2 slices of sourdough bavarian light rye bread
- 2-4 tbsp of dairy-free plain cream cheese
- 10-11 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above. Begin toasting your slices of bread.
- Meanwhile, pour your balsamic vinegar in a small spot. Set it on medium heat and allow it to reach a rolling boil. Allow it to boil for 30 seconds to 1 minute until thickened. Pour the reduced vinegar into a bowl. Set aside.
- Once your bread is toasted, spread the desired amount of cream cheese. Top off with sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle over with fresh chopped basil. Then drizzle the reduced vinegar over top. Serve immediately and enjoy!