RECIPE | BUTTERNUT SQUASH FRITTERS
Butternut Squash Fritters are so easy to make and addictive to eat. They serve as a great appetizer. Fritters are usually made of potatoes but this one is made of butternut squash, egg, flour, garlic, parmigiana cheese, salt and pepper. The garlic really accentuates the taste of the squash and once you've had one, you'll finish half the plate in one sitting!
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH FRITTERS RECIPE
YIELDS ABOUT 10 PIECES | PREP TIME 1 HOUR 30 MINS | COOK TIME 30 MINS ADAPTED FROM JAMIE OLIVER
- 1 BUTTERNUT SQUASH (APPROX 9 INCHES IN HEIGHT)
- 1/4 CUP OF PARMIGIANA CHEESE GRATED
- 3/4 CUPS OF FLOUR
- 6 CLOVES OF MINCED GARLIC
- 1 EGG
- 1 TEASPOON OF SALT
- 1/2 TEASPOON OF PEPPER
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and bake whole squash with skin on a baking sheet for 45 minutes. It's cooked when you poke a fork and it goes through squash easily
- Peel skin off with fork while squash is hot. Once peeled, slice squash in half to remove all the seeds
- In a large bowl, mash up squash with potato masher. Mix in salt, pepper, flour, egg, minced garlic, and parmigiana cheese. Combine well.
- In a large wide pan on medium high heat, pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil (you may need to add more as you fry).
- Using a large spoon, scoop a dollop of the mixture into the hot oil. Flatten edges with fork to get them crispier than the middle
- Fry until golden brown on each side and repeat these steps until all your fritters are done
- Garnish with some parmigiana cheese