RECIPE | CAPRESE SALAD (VEGETARIAN)
If you know me, you'll know I love any combination with tomatoes and fresh basil. So why not add cheese to that mix and create a delicious but easy recipe that takes less than 10 minutes to make? This salad is an Italian classic and something interesting I've learned is to not overdo the Balsamic Vinegar even though many recipes or restaurants will. We want to be able to taste the tomatoes, basil and cheese and because the balsamic vinegar has a strong flavour, it will overpower it. So you only want to add a tiny bit based on your proportions.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
CAPRESE SALAD RECIPE
SERVES 4 | PREP TIME 10 MINS
- 1 PINT OF ORGANIC CHERRY OR GRAPE TOMATOES SLICED IN HALF
- 200 GRAMS OF MINI BOCCONCINI OR FRESH SOFT CHEESE BALLS
- 1 BUNCH OF FRESH BASIL LEAVES TORN BY HAND
- 2 TBSPS OF OLIVE OIL
- 1 TSP OF BALSAMIC VINEGAR (MAKE SURE IT'S GOOD QUALITY)
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above.
- Mix together the halved tomatoes, basil, bocconcini cheese, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Voila! Your salad is done and ready to be served!