RECIPE | CHICKEN FRIED RICE
Got some leftover rice in the fridge and not sure what to eat with it? Well cold white rice is the perfect base for a good Asian fried rice. This is such a simple and quick recipe to make after a long day at work. On the days I permit myself to have meat, I use Certified Humane as the chickens live a cageless and stress-free life thus making the meat more tastier. It's a win-win situation for you and the chickens. Just make sure to research which brands are actually Certified Humane or you can look for the below logo on their product packaging. Companies that are certified by this organization have to follow strict standards in how to raise and farm their animals. For more information, please check out Certified Humane's website by clicking here.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and find it tasty! Plus, now you won't have to step out of the house and order this at a restaurant that could possibly use MSG (monosodium glutamate) for enhanced flavouring because you know how to make it authentically!
If you make this recipe, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
CHICKEN FRIED RICE RECIPE
SERVES 4 | PREP TIME 15 MINUTES | COOK TIME 15 MINS
- 2 CHICKEN BREASTS DICED (CERTIFIED HUMANE OR ORGANIC)
- 1.5 CUPS OF FROZEN PEAS AND CARROTS
- 1 CUP OF FROZEN CORN
- 1.75 CUPS OF COOKED COLD WHITE RICE
- 2 EGGS SCRAMBLED
- 1 SHALLOT DICED
- 3 TABLESPOONS OF LIGHT SODIUM SOY SAUCE
- 2 TABLESPOONS OF SESAME OIL
- 3 TABLESPOONS AVOCADO OIL
- 1 TEASPOON OF SALT
- 1/4 TEASPOON OF PEPPER
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above.
- Break up your cold white rice with your fingers toremove any clumps.
- Set your wok on high heat, pour 1 tablespoon of avocado oil in. Pour your scrambled eggs in. Do not scramble the eggs in the wok. Instead allow the egg to cook until the bottom becomes light golden brown and solid enough for you to flip. Cook the other side until also light golden brown. Season with a pinch of salt. Slice up the egg with your spatula. Remove the egg from the wok and set aside.
- Lower to medium high heat and pour the remaining avocado oil into your wok. Fry chicken and shallots until chicken is no longer pink inside. Season with some salt and pepper. Remove chicken and shallots from wok and set aside.
- Raise the heat back to high. Pour the sesame oil into your wok and add in the rice. Fry until steam begins starts to form. Season with the remaining salt and add in your soy sauce - toss until it's evenly coated.
- Add in your frozen vegetables and fry with rice until veggies are cooked.
- Add back in your chicken, shallots and eggs and keep tossing until rice is evenly mixed with all your ingredients.
- Remove from heat and serve as is. Enjoy!