RECIPE | CINNAMON TURMERIC LATTE (VEGAN)
Hope you’re all having a great Monday. I know Mondays are always difficult especially during the winter time. But I remember a wise soul telling me to treat each weekday as if it’s like the weekend with a positive mindset so that carries with you through the day. Or sometimes, I’ll think about my weekend and all the great things that happened during it. Being grateful for all those moments and this in effect creates a sense of happiness. I challenge you to give this a try.
Now about this latte. One morning in my kitchen, I was really craving a warm milk drink but I didn’t feel like leaving the house. So I whipped up this Cinnamon Turmeric Latte with what I had at home and it turned out to be delicious that I had to share it. It’s super simple and all you need is a small pot and a whisk or if you have one handy, an handheld electric milk frother.
Cinnamon and turmeric are incredibly healthy and possess anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants.
For this recipe, I’m using So Fresh Vanilla Almond Milk and my favourite brew of coffee along with some maple syrup, cinnamon and turmeric powder.
Well I hope you enjoy this quick and simple drink recipe. If you do, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed here.
CINNAMON TURMERIC LATTE RECIPE (VEGAN)
SERVES 1 CUP | PREP TIME 10 MINS
- 1 cup of vanilla sweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup of brewed coffee
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder
- Generous sprinkle of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp of maple syrup
Required: Small pot, whisk (or handheld electric milk frother), coffee brewer or coffee drip
- Brew your favourite coffee, reserve 1/4 cup of it and pour it into a mug.
- In a small pot set on medium heat, allow this to become hot until you begin to see steam. Do not let this come to a boil or you will burn the milk.
- Add in ¼ tsp of cinnamon powder and a generous sprinkle of turmeric powder. Add in the maple syrup to sweeten. With a whisk or a milk frother, cautiously whisk in pot until frothy.
- Pour the hot milk into the coffee. Enjoy!