RECIPE | CORN BLACK BEAN SALAD (VEGAN)
Over the weekend I looked to Chef Ricardo for some inspiration and I meant to cook his Corn Black Eyed Pea Salad and without knowing it, I mistakenly used black beans instead of black-eyed peas and Compari tomatoes for a normal one. It turned out amazing! So I thought I'd posted the adapted recipe here with full credit to Chef Ricardo's original recipe (click here for his recipe).
This salad is such a versatile dish and can be eaten as a salad or in a taco with my black bean dip recipe (to be posted later this week) and diced avocado.
Some key ingredients for this recipe, I'm using Yves Veggie Cuisine BPA-free canned organic black beans, organic Compari tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, red onion, Terra Delyssa Organic Olive Oil, and more as listed below.
Well I hope you try this recipe and if you enjoy it, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this post.
CORN BLACK BEAN SALAD RECIPE
SERVES 5-6 AS A SIDE | PREP TIME 15 MINS
Adapted from Ricardo Cuisine
- 1 can (540 ml) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (398 ml) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 Compari organic tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper for taste
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together. Refrigerate for 2 hours for best flavour. Serve cold as a side dish.