RECIPE | CREAMY CORN MUSHROOM PASTA (VEGETARIAN)
This is one of my easy 10-minute pasta recipes that is creamy, tasty and filling. I learned it from my good friend's mother back in grade school and overtime added a few changes of my own. For the pasta, I tried a new brand called Pasta Delverde. They have an assortment of organic to non-organic pastas and their mission is to produce the pasta in an environmentally friendly way. "This is the added value that Delverde brings: the choice of natural production methods, using only the purest water and the very best durum wheat semolina." So give this recipe a try and let me know what you think below.
If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
CREAMY CORN MUSHROOM PASTA RECIPE
SERVES 3-4 | PREP TIME 5 MINS | COOK TIME 10 MINS
- 450 GRAMS OF FUSILI PASTA
- 1 PINT OF ORGANIC WHITE BUTTON MUSHROOMS SLICED IN HALF
- 14 OZ OF ORGANIC CREAM OF CORN
- 10 OZ OF ORGANIC MUSHROOM SOUP
- 1 SHALLOT CHOPPED
- 1/2 CUP OF VEGETABLE BROTH
- 1/4 CUP OF RESERVED PASTA WATER
- 1 TABLESPOON OF ORGANIC OLIVE OIL
- In a large pot, begin boiling your pasta according to package instructions for Al-Dente texture. Reserve 1/4 cup of hot pasta water and strain the rest of the pasta.
- Meanwhile in a deep wide sauce pan set on medium heat, fry your shallots with the olive oil until translucent. Then add in your sliced mushrooms and fry until soft and brown.
- Add the vegetable stock and cook for 1 minute. Then add in your cream of corn, mushroom soup and the reserved pasta water. Mix well and cover with lid.
- Raise the heat to high and allow sauce to reach a boil. Once it reaches a boil, lower the heat to low and add in your strained pasta. Combine until all pasta is covered in sauce.