RECIPE | EGG POTATO HASH (VEGETARIAN)
This past weekend was Thanksgiving and it was wonderful to see family and friends enjoying a nice meal with each other. It's weekends like this that remind me to be extra grateful for everything that I have and not to sweat the small stuff in life. After all that feasting, Monday morning came and I decided to make an Egg Potato Hash. It's a great breakfast dish and you will gobble it up in minutes. Something about diced potatoes being so easy to eat with warm soft egg on top. Eggs are by Burnbrae Farms and they are organic free-range eggs. If organic eggs are out of your budget, opt for free-range eggs. Burnbrae Farm eggs are found at most Canadian retailers, click here for more information about them.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
EGG POTATO HASH
SERVES 2 | PREP TIME 20 MINS | COOK TIME 20 MINS
- 2 EGGS (OPT FOR FREE RANGE AND/OR ORGANIC)
- 4 SMALL POTATOES, PEELED AND SMALL DICED
- 1 RED BELL PEPPER, SMALL DICED
- 1 SHALLOT, FINELY CHOPPED
- 1 GARLIC, FINELY CHOPPED
- 1 TABLESPOON OF CURLY PARSLEY, CHOPPED
- 3 TBSP OF EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1/2 TSP OF GARLIC POWDER
- 1/4 TSP OF ONION SALT
- 1/2 TSP OF PAPRIKA
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above.
- In a large non-stick pan set on medium heat, add 2 tbsp of olive oil in. Then add in the finely chopped shallot and garlic. Fry until fragrant.
- Then add in the diced red bell pepper. Fry until softened, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Next add in the diced potatoes. Sprinkle in the onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything together and fry for another 15 minutes until potatoes are cooked through.
- Once potatoes are cooked, plate them according to desired serving amount.
- In the same pan set on medium heat, add the remaining olive oil in. Fry your eggs sunny side up for about 5 minutes until the edges are browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Optional: You can fry your eggs any style you prefer.
- After egg is cooked, slide it over your potato hash and garnish with some chopped parsley.