RECIPE | EASY EGG SALAD
I always find egg salads to be a bit heavy on the protein and light on the "salad" side. This easy and quick recipe includes the addition of green onions, celery and carrots and I find that it adds some contrasting crunch to the soft eggs.
The key to a good egg salad is using free range organic eggs. The flavour is higher compared to eggs that are not free range nor organic. Why? It all goes back to the hens living in a cage free environment while eating better quality food. With less stress and healthy food, the hens can produce healthier and more flavourful eggs. Many grocers carry free range, organic eggs and for a couple of dollars more, you're allowing yourself to eat healthier and tastier food. I purchase my eggs from Burnbrae Farms found at Loblaws, for more information on them click here.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
EGG SALAD RECIPE
YIELDS 6 SANDWICHES | PREP TIME 10 MINS | COOK TIME 10 MINS
- 10 EGGS (OPT FOR FREE-RANGE, ORGANIC EGGS FOR BEST FLAVOUR)
- 1 ORGANIC CARROT FINELY DICED
- 1 STICK OF CELERY FINELY DICED
- 1 STALK OF GREEN ONION FINELY DICED
- 1 TEASPOON OF MUSTARD
- 1/3 CUP OF ORGANIC MAYONNAISE
- SALT AND EPPER TO TASTE
- In a medium size pot, begin boiling your water. Once the water reaches boiling point, carefully add in your eggs.
- Meanwhile finely dice your carrots, celery and finely chop your green onion.
- Once eggs are boiled, cool them in a cold water bath until they're cool to touch. Peel the shell off your eggs and dice them.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together your vegetables and diced eggs. Mix in the mayonnaise and mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sandwich that egg salad between two slices of bread or toast and you have yourself a great meal.