RECIPE | GUACAMOLE
This is the easiest guacamole you could possibly make. The only hard part is waiting for it to be ready to eat. It's a great recipe for a party when served with some good organic tortilla chips. My husband and I love to purchase Que Pasa's Tortilla Chips that are organic, gluten free, non-GMO and consist of stone ground corn. The taste is really there and you can purchase their chips at your local Sobeys. Their packaging is also recyclable as well!
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
SERVES 4 | PREP TIME 2 H 15 MINS | CHILLING TIME 1 HOUR
- 3 AVOCADOS MASHED
- 1 VINE TOMATO DICED
- JUICE OF 1 LIME
- 1/2 RED ONION FINELY DICED
- 1 GARLIC MINCED
- 1/2 TEASPOON OF GARLIC SALT
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
- Before preparing any of the ingredients above: first finely dice your onion, place it in a bowl and squeeze line juice over top. Allow this to soak for 2 hours at least in the fridge. Cover with plastic wrap.
- After your onions have soaked, dice the tomatoes.
- Finely mince your garlic with a mincer or knife (this is important because garlic has such a strong taste that you do not want to taste chunks of garlic).
- Mash your avocados with a fork and season with garlic salt.
- Mix together the avocados, onions in lime juice, tomatoes and garlic.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Taste your guacamole and see if it requires more seasoning.
- Refrigerate up to 1 hour to allow flavours to mix or if you're impatient like me, dig in with some tortilla chips and enjoy!