RECIPE | LAYER DIP (VEGAN)
We're that much closer to the holidays - who's excited? I sure am! It's a wonderful time to detach from work to be able to spend time with my loved ones. I sure hope you each have a wonderful holiday.
Now for this recipe, this is a Layer Dip filled with homemade guacamole goodness, tomato salsa by Neal Brothers, vegan cream cheese by Tofutti topped off with organic green onions. It serves great as a party appetizer or as a snack. It takes about 15 minutes to make and for best flavour, I'd recommend preparing the guacamole the night before. But if you're on a time crunch, 15 minutes will do.
This dip is paired with organic, gluten-free, non-GMO Que Pasa Blue Corn Tortilla Chips. Que Pasa was kind enough to gift me with a few vouchers. Because I love their company so much and what they stand for, I wanted to create a special post for them. Their chips are made of organic ingredients and are stone ground from scratch. You can taste a difference when you eat their chips. "We want the foods we make to get the best start in life. For us that means a life without chemical pesticides, chemical fertilizers, or genetic modification. A life where growth and sustenance comes from within. A life where all things come full circle and work in harmony. A life of community and partnership. A life of bounty, birds, and bees. An organic life." - Que Pasa
Well I hope you give this recipe a shot and most of all, I hope you enjoy it. For more recipe updates, follow me on Instagram @Christieathome. That's where I share some tips for eating clean and living green.
Take good care,
LAYER DIP RECIPE
SERVES 3-4 | PREP TIME 15 MINS
- 1 cup of mild organic salsa
- 1/2 - 1 cup of dairy-free cream cheese
- 2 stalks of green onion, finely chopped
- Organic tortilla chips
- 2 avocados depitted and mashed
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 of a small red onion, small diced
- 1 tsp of salt
Required: clear shallow glass dish
- Small dice 1/4 of a small red onion. Set it aside in a small bowl. Juice 1/2 lime over top of the red onion and allow this to soak. TIP: For best results, prepare this part the night before and allow it to soak overnight. The lime juice essentially strips away the harsh taste of the red onion. If you're on a time crunch, soak for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, mash your avocados. Season with salt. Add in the lime-onion juice with some of the chopped red onion (as much as desired).
Time to Layer:
- Spread the vegan cream cheese on the base of the clear glass dish. Layer over top with the guacamole and spread with a spatula.
- Next layer overtop with your salsa of your choice. Sprinkle over top with chopped green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!