RECIPE | MANGO AVOCADO SALAD
Mangoes are a delicious way to improve your overall health and they're in season. This quick salad will boost your mango intake and it's a great side dish at a BBQ or with my Grilled Honey Lime Chicken (if you missed the recipe on Tuesday, get it here). Before you dive into this recipe, check out some of the health benefits of this fruit:
- Mangoes contain antioxidants that help to protect your body from "colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers"
- Mangoes help to lower cholesterol because it contains "fibre, pectin: and vitamin C"
- They help to get rid of congested pores and remove acne
- They help better eye health as they contain 25% of the required daily value of Vitamin A
- Helps with digestion as they contain fibre and enzymes to break down food
- Increases immunity as it has a ton of Vitamin C and A
Facts are sourced from: Care2 Healthy Living
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
MANGO AVOCADO SALAD RECIPE
SERVES 2 | PREP TIME 20 MINS | CHILLING TIME 1 HOUR *THIS RECIPE CONTAINS NUTS
- 3 RIPE ORGANIC MANGOES PEELED AND DICED
- 2 RIPE ORGANIC AVOCODOS PEELED AND DICED
- 1/3 CUP OF CHOPPED PECANS
- 2 TABLESPOONS OF CORIANDER FINELY CHOPPED
- JUICE OF 1/2 A LIME
- 1 TABLESPOON OF AVOCADO OIL
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above. If you also have trouble peeling mangos, check out Step By Step pictures below.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the diced mangos, avocados, chopped coriander, lime juice, and avocado oil.
- Allow this to chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, mix in your chopped pecans.
HOW TO PEEL A MANGO
STEP 3: ONCE YOU'VE PEELED ALL THE SKIN, REMOVE IT BY TEARING OR CHOPPING IT ALL OFF.