RECIPE | MATCHA CHIA PUDDING (VEGAN)
Chia Pudding is one of my favourite healthy snacks! A) Chia Seeds are super healthy B) I love the texture C) It serves well for breakfast or dessert! I posted a very simple Berry Chia Pudding made with strawberry flavoured soy milk which you can find here. This time around, I'm posting another chia pudding recipe with Matcha flavouring using matcha powder! It's such a simple recipe to whip up the night before so you can have it for breakfast.
For this recipe, I'm using organic matcha powder from David's Tea, organic chia seeds by Chosen Foods, vanilla sweetened almond milk by So Fresh, organic maple syrup, vanilla extract, and organic berries!
As I mentioned, Chia Seeds are super healthy so I've listed some of their benefits below:
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS
- 1 ounce of chia seeds contains 11 grams of fibre! That's a lot of fibre.
- They are rich in anti-oxidants, which prevent free-radical production. Free-radicals are responsible for damaging cells, aging and cancer
- Chia seeds are loaded with protein. They are a weight-loss friendly type of protein unlike meat
- They contain more Omega-3 fatty acids than salmon!
- They have shown to reduce cholesterol and lower blood pressure
- Chia seeds are dense in calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and protein. In fact, they contain more bone-building nutrients than dairy!
Facts are sourced by Authority Nutrition
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you do, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
MATCHA CHIA PUDDING
SERVES 1 | PREP TIME 5 MINS | SOAKING TIME 3-4 HOURS or Overnight
- 1 cup of vanilla sweetened almond milk
- 1.5 tsp of organic matcha powder
- 3 tbsp of organic black chia seeds
- 2 tsp of organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp of organic vanilla extract
- Strawberries, diced
- Resealable jar or mason jar
- In a mason jar, rest your funnel overtop. Add in the chia seeds, almomd milk, matcha powder, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Using a small whisk or a fork, whisk everything together until the matcha powder is dissolved and the seeds are evenly distributed.
Tip: If you have a handheld milk frother, use this tool as the quick spinning motion will help distribute the powder and seeds evenly.
- Let this sit in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours or overnight. At the 1 hour mark give it another stir to prevent any clumps. When ready to serve, top off with diced strawberries and blueberries. Enjoy!