RECIPE | MEXICAN CHICKEN SALAD
If you like Mexican food but you're unsure how to make it, then you've come to the right place. I love Mexican cuisine but I'm always apprehensive about cooking it because there are so many spices involved! So when I'm craving it at home, I'll make my Mexican Chicken Salad. For the taco seasoning, opt for organic or learn how to make your own by clicking here. Non-organic taco seasoning can contain a lot of preservatives like Maltodextrin and let's just say it's not good for your body. This is a quick & easy salad to make that is warm to taste and healthy.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
MEXICAN CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE
SERVES 4 | PREP TIME 15 MINS | COOK TIME 15 MINS
- 1 head of Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 1 cucumber diced
- 3 vine tomatoes diced
- 1.5 cups of boiled corn from frozen packs
- 2-3 avocados diced
- 2 chicken breasts sliced thinly (approx. 1.5 cm thick)
- 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 of a Taco Seasoning Pack (opt for organic or learn how to make your own by clicking here)
- 2 cup of crushed tortilla chips (opt for stone-ground whole grain or try Que Pasa's Organic Tortilla Chips, click here)
- Sour Cream
- Optional: Carrots peeled & sliced into tiny matchsticks
- Wash, dry and chop all your ingredients as specified above
- In a separate bowl, crush up your tortilla chips by hand or with a potato masher utensil until they're small pieces.
- Meanwhile, mix half of the taco seasoning pack in with sliced chicken. If you want spicier chicken, feel free to add more seasoning.
- In a pot, boil your frozen corn as per package instructions. Strain and allow it to cool a bit.
- In a wide pan, set the heat to medium-high. Add 1 tbsp of Olive Oil and allow it to get hot. Then add your chicken and allow it to brown on each side.
- Cook your chicken for 10 minutes on low-medium heat.
- Time to assemble your salad! You can mix all the ingredients above together or keep them separated because the warm corn & chicken may wilt your lettuce
- Apply desired amount of salsa and sour cream to the salad as your "dressing". Enjoy!