RECIPE | MUSHROOM SOY UDON NOODLE 2.0 (VEGAN)
Hey everyone! If you're familiar with my blog, you may recognize this Mushroom Udon Noodle from before. So I thought why not improve this recipe and give it even more flavour than before? This is a quick Asian dish that is perfect for families or a day after work. Takes less than 15 minutes to fry. For this recipe, I'm using frozen Udon noodles, organic King Oyster Mushrooms, avocado oil by Chosen Foods, vegetable stock by Pacific Foods, green onions, garlic cloves, Mushroom Flavoured Dark Soy Sauce (light soy doesn't really work for this recipe), sesame oil, and black pepper.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured.
Take good care,
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
MUSHROOM SOY UDON RECIPE
SERVES 3-4 | PREP TIME 10 MINS | COOK TIME 15 MINS
- 16 oz. or 454 g king oyster mushroom, sliced
- 3 servings of frozen udon noodle (8.82 oz per serving)
- 3 stalks of green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp of Mushroom Flavoured Dark Soy Sauce (not light)
- 2 tbsp of vegetable stock
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- In a medium size pot set on high heat filled with boiling hot water, blanch your frozen noodles until they are just loosened. Immediately strain in a colander. We only want to loosen the noodles, not cook them as they will cook in the pan later on.
- In a large non-stick frying pan set on medium heat, add your avocado oil. Then fry the garlic and green onions until soft approximately 30 seconds. Add your king oyster mushrooms and fry until the edges are brown, approximately 5 minutes. Add in the vegetable stock to infuse more flavour into the mushrooms.
- Toss your cooked udon noodles and mix. Pour in the sesame oil, followed by the dark mushroom flavoured soy sauce. Season with black pepper. Mix until noodles and mushrooms are evenly coated in sauce and remove skillet off heat. Serve and enjoy!