RECIPE | PERI PERI CHICKEN
Peri Peri Chicken is one of my all time favourite dishes. It's a Portuguese dish that possesses a lot of flavour and spice. Recently I decided to make my own Peri Peri Chicken rather than going out to buy it at a restaurant where they most likely would not use free-range organic chicken. This is something that I try to support where possible as I'm not a fan of animal cruelty and for health reasons. For this and all my recipes, I cook with certified humane chicken from Blue Goose Pure Foods and they can be found at most local grocers now.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
PERI PERI CHICKEN RECIPE
SERVES 4 | PREP TIME 15 MINS | MARINADE TIME 24 HOURS | GRILL TIME 5 MINUTES | OVEN TIME 20 MINS
- 8 CHICKEN THIGHS (OPT FOR CERTIFIED HUMANE MEAT)
- 3-4 ORGANIC RED CHILLIES
- 2 ORGANIC SHALLOTS
- 3 ORGANIC GARLIC CLOVES
- HANDFUL OF ORGANIC FLAT LEAF PARSELY
- JUICE OF 1 LEMON
- 1 TBSP OF PAPRIKA
- 1 TBSP OF RED WINE VINEGAR
- 4 TBSPS OF EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1.5 TSP OF SALT
- 1 TSP OF BLACK PEPPER
- 1 TBSP OF FRESH OR DRIED THYME (OPT FOR FRESH FOR MAXIMUM FLAVOUR)
TOOL: BLENDER, STICK BLENDER OR FOOD PROCESSOR *CAUTION: WEAR GLOVES WHEN TOUCHING RED CHILLIES, THEY WILL LEAVE A BURNING SENSATION IF YOU TOUCH THE INSIDE OF THE PEPPER. *
- Add to your blender the following ingredients: de-seeded red chillies, peeled shallots, peeled garlic cloves, parsley, lemon juice, paprika, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano. Blend it until smooth.
- In a reusable container with your chicken thighs, pour your marinade over. Seal and allow this to marinate for at least 24 hours or several hours.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grill on your BBQ or a grilling plate for 5 minutes on high heat flipping halfway through. Then transfer onto a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until juices run yellow or clear and not red. Serve with some lemon juice and garnish with chopped parsely. Enjoy!