RECIPE | POTATO & LEEK CROQUETTES (VEGAN)
I've always wanted to learn how to make croquettes. Ask my family but I am a sucker for anything fried and crispy. I just cannot live without it #sorrynotsorry. I was inspired by this recipe that I found through Mama Earth Organics from a Vegan Blogger called Let's Be Vegan. I thought how hard could this be. It wasn't that difficult at all and sometimes I think the word "croquette" makes it sound complex being so eloquent and all ;) This recipe does take some time but once you have that fried goodness in your mouth you'll forget about it. This dish is great for vegetarians and vegans.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
POTATO & LEEK CROQUETTE RECIPE
YIELDS APPROX. 15 PIECES | PREP TIME 15 MINS | COOK TIME 1 HOUR Adapted from Let's be Vegan
- 1 Leek cleaned super well and thinly chopped
- 1 lb of Baby Yellow Potatoes coarsley chopped and boiled
- 1 handful of Parsley finely chopped
- 1 handful of Fresh Chives finely chopped
- 1 cup of Cornflake Crumbs or any bread crumb
- 4 tbs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 tsp of Pepper
- 1 tsp of Garlic Salt
- Prepare your ingredient list as specified above
- Boil your potatoes until cooked. If you chop them into smaller pieces, it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. Drain after cooking
- In a large wide pan, set the heat to medium. Add in 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add in your chopped leeks and garlic. Fry until softened but not browned.
- Add in your salt, pepper, and garlic salt and stir.
- Then add in your chives, parsley and cooked potatoes
- Mash the potatoes with a masher until it's smooth. If you have some clumps that's fine. It all depends on the texture you want.
- Pour the flour in and mix well until the mixture is heavy and thick.
- Remove pan off stove and allow it to cool
- Now it's time to make your croquette balls!
- Roll them into 1.5 inches in diameter. Evenly coat each croquette in the Cornflake crumbs.
- In a large pan set on medium heat, add in your remaining olive oil. Once hot, begin frying your croquettes and slightly flatten with a utensil.
- Fry for 4 minutes on each side until brown.
- Serve with some Garlic Aioli Dip (recipe found here) and ENJOY!