RECIPE | RAW BARS (VEGAN)
I was so inspired by Aimee Song's recipe for Raw Bars that I decided to make them. I'm using what I have in the house so this is definitely an adaptation to her original recipe, which you can find here. She uses sunflower seeds and quick oats but I subtituted or left them out simply because I didn't have them. I'm also adding roasted almonds for extra nutrition.
These are great as a healthy snack, a boost of energy and best of all, you can pack them for school, work or on-the-go! They also require no baking whatsoever and require some time in the freezer to settle them into shape before slicing.
I hope you enjoy this adaptation and if you do, please share it with your family and friends!
RAW BAR RECIPE (VEGAN)
YIELDS 9 SQUARES | PREP TIME 30 MINS | FREEZING TIME 1 HOUR
Adapted from Aimee Song's Raw Bar Recipe
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- Pinch of salt and paper
Required: Parchment Paper, baking sheet, food processor and square shaped resealable container.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, add oats, chia seeds and coconut oil with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until oats and seeds are covered in coconut oil. Pour into a lined deep baking pan and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, depit your medjool dates. Set aside.
- In a food processor, process your roasted almonds until they're grinded into finer pieces. Then pour in medjool dates into the processor and blend until nuts and dates are combined.
- After oats are roasted, allow this to cool. Once cooled, add in the medjool dates and almond mixture. Combine well with hands.
- In a resealable contained lined with parchment paper, pour your mixture in. Flatten it out with your hands or spatula. Sprinkle shredded coconut flakes over top. Seal with a lid. Place in freezer for 1 hour. Remove from freezer and slice into 9 squares. Serve and enjoy!
OTHER TRENDING RECIPES!
CHECK OUT THIS VEGAN CARROT CAKE BY VEGANS FIRST!