RECIPE | SPINACH MUSHROOM & CHICKEN LINGUINE
When I'm in the mood for a creamy pasta without heavy cheese, I cook my Spinach Mushroom and Chicken Linguine. It's a savory and satisfying meal. This is an easy & quick dish can be made in 30 minutes and great for those days when you want to stay home in your pajamas.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
SPINACH MUSHROOM & CHICKEN LINGUINE RECIPE
SERVES 2 | PREP TIME 15 MINS | COOK TIME 15 MINS
- 6 boneless and skinless Chicken Thighs sliced (opt for free range chicken without hormones/antibiotics or go organic)
- 1 pint of White Button Mushrooms Chopped
- 300 grams of Frozen Spinach Thawed
- 5 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried Thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 227 grams of Linguine pasta
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream (18% fat works well)
- 1/3 cup of chicken stock
- 1/3 cup of reserved pasta water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Slice your chicken thighs into 2 cm thick pieces. In a bowl, season chicken slices with salt and pepper.
- Slice your mushrooms. Peel garlic cloves and mince them.
- Set your stove to medium-high. In a large shallow pan, add olive oil.
- When oil is hot, add chicken slices and fry until it's cooked. With a slotted spoon, scoop out chicken into bowl and set aside leaving juices and oil in pan.
- Lower the heat to low - medium heat and fry the minced garlic. Fry until softened (approx 30 seconds to 1 minute)
- Increase heat to medium high. Add mushrooms into pan. Fry mushrooms until brown and juices come out.
- Add thawed spinach and allow this to cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Meanwhile in a large pot begin boiling your linguine according to package instructions. Do not over boil, we want Al Dente texture (approx. 5-6 minutes). Save 1/3 cup of reserved pasta water.
- Back to your large pan of mushrooms & spinach, add garlic powder and thyme leaves and cook for 15 seconds.
- Add back in your cooked chicken and leftover juices.
- Increase heat to medium high. Then add cream and chicken stock. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add reserved pasta water to sauce to thicken it. Cook for 2 minutes until sauce is thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat and add your strained pasta to sauce. Mix well and remove off heat. Serve and enjoy!