RECIPE | SUMMER SALAD (VEGAN)
I'm hoping that this recipe brings Summer to Canada sooner. We've been experiencing strange weather patterns lately due to climate change. With this colourful and nutritious salad, my hope is that it'll boost our energy levels and send positive vibes into the universe for the best season to arrive soon! You can call me optimistic or you can simply enjoy this satisfying salad that will keep you full with all that avocado, quinoa and sweet potato. This is a great salad for vegans too depending on your choice of salad dressing. I like to pair this with a creamy but sweet dressing like Lemon Tahini or even a Lemon Poppyseed.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
SUMMER SALAD RECIPE
SERVES 2 | PREP 30 MINS | COOK TIME 20 MINS
- CORN NIBLETS FROM 2 COBS BOILED
- 1 BOSTON LETTUCE WASHED AND LEAVES TORN INTO BITE SIZE PIECES
- 1/2 OF A CUCUMBER SLICED THINLY
- 2 AVOCADOS PEELED & MASHED
- JUICE OF 1/2 OF A LEMON
- 1/2 CUP OF QUINOA BOILED TO PACKAGE INSTRUCTIONS
- 2 SWEET POTATOES PEELED & DICED
- 1/2 PINT OF CHERRY TOMATOS SLICED IN HALVES
- OLIVE OIL
- Prepare ingredients as listed above
- At 425 degrees F, bake your peeled and diced sweet potatoes coated with olive oil for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil your quinoa according to package instructions
- In a separate pot filled with water, boil your corn niblets for 6 minutes on high heat until they all float to the surface
- In a small bowl, mash your avocados and mix in the juice of half a lemon
- Time to lay out your salad: lay all the ingredients on your plate separate from each other, keeping the hot ingredients separate from the cold ones. Add 1/4 cup of avocado paste in the middle of your salad
- Dress salad with your favourite dressing and enjoy!