RECIPE | SWEET POTATO QUINOA BOWL
Buddha Bowls. They are all the rage right now. They are everywhere on Instagram and without making it sound too complex, it's just a salad with some kind of grain in a bowl with your favourite dressing. The one I'm sharing with you today is a Sweet Potato Quinoa Bowl! The cold veggies combined with the warm quinoa and roasted sweet potato make for a great combination. I usually pair this bowl with a simple lemon vinaigrette dressing. This bowl is also full of nutrition. From pea shoots that carry beta carotene and fiber to quinoa that is a source of protein, iron, vitamin B and more - this bowl has you covered!
For this recipe I'm using Chosen Foods organic quinoa with lots of local and organic produce. For the dressing, I'm using Terra Delyssa organic olive oil, Compliment's organic Dijon mustard, organic cane sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share this recipe with your family and friends across social media or by simple word of mouth. I'd appreciate it GREATLY!
Take good care,
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
SWEET POTATO QUINOA BOWL RECIPE
YIELDS 2 BOWLS | PREP TIME 15 MINS | ROASTING TIME 20 MINS
- 4 cups loosely packed spinach and arugula salad mix
- 1 avocado sliced, seasoned with salt
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 large handful of pea shoots
- 1/2 cup carrot matchsticks
- 1 medium sweet potato diced and roasted
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp of organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of organic cane sugar
- 1/2 organic dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- black pepper to taste
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above. Peel and dice your sweet potato. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and roast at 400 degrees F in oven.
- Meanwhile boil quinoa in liquid according to package instructions until cooked.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your salad dressing ingredients until smooth.
- To create your avocado rose, slice your avocado in half. Peel the avocado halve and thinly slice it vertically. Fan out the avocado so they create a line of slices that overlap each other. Starting from one end, curl avocado slices towards the center. Curl slices until you have a rose. See pictures below.
- In a bowl that is about 6 inches in diameter and 4 inches deep, at the base of the bowl add in about 2 cups of loosely packed spinach arugula mix.
- In sections, add in your salad components starting with the avocado rose in the center. Surround the avocado rose with the quinoa, sweet potatoes, cucumbers, sweet bell peppers, pea shoots and carrot matchsticks. Arrange however you desire. Tip: Keep hot ingredients together. Repeat instructions for second bowl.
- Drizzle your vinaigrette over top. Serve immediately and enjoy!