RECIPE | TERIYAKI BUDDHA BOWL (VEGAN)
Last weekend I created this Teriyaki Buddha Bowl which contains a great source of protein thanks to the tofu and broccoli. This recipe also contains Shanghai Baby Bok Choy, corn, Japanese sweet potatoes, avocado, broccoli and tofu. The Tofu is by Soyganic and it's organic and GMO-free! This bowl does require some prep time about 40 mins but the reward is worth it in the end when you get to sink your teeth into something tasty and healthy.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you enjoy it, please share this recipe with your family and friends across social media or by simple word of mouth. I'd appreciate it GREATLY!
Take good care,
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
TERIYAKI BUDDHA BOWL RECIPE
SERVES 2 | PREP TIME 40 MINS | ASSEMBLY TIME 5 MINS
- 4 stems of Shanghain Baby Boy Choy
- 1 crown of broccoli, chopped
- 2/3 cups of frozen corn
- 1 small Japanese sweet potato, sliced horizontally (no need to peel)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 pack (210 g) organic extra firm Tofu, diced
- 1/2 tsp of minced garlic
- sesame oil
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 tbsp of teriyaki sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
Required: 2 baking sheets
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. On a large lined baking sheet, place your broccoli florets on it. Drizzle 1 tbsp sesame oil + 1 tbsp of olive oil and massage into florets. Season with salt and pepper.
- On a smaller lined baking sheet, place your sliced sweet potatoes on it. Drizzle 1/2 tsp of sesame oil, season with salt and pepper and massage into the potatoes. Bake both broccoli and potatoes for 40 minutes in the oven.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick pan set on low-medium heat, add 1 tsp of sesame oil. Throw in minced garlic and fry until fragrant. Then slowly add in diced tofu. Fry until browned on each side for 7 minutes. In the last minute, pour in 4-5 tbsp of teriyaki sauce until it bubbles. Remove off heat and with a slotted spoon scoop out diced Tofu only leaving the sauce in the pan for drizzling later.
- In a small pot filled with water set on high heat, boil corn and bok choy until both are soft, approx 5 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- Slice avocado in half, depitt the avocado seed and scoop the meat out with a large spoon. Set aside.
- In a deep medium size bowl, arrange your cooked vegetables into sections or however you desire. I start by filling the bowl with what I have most of which is the broccoli and once I have a base, I can begin topping it off with the corn, bok choy, avocado, sweet potatoes allowing the broccoli to peek out.
- Lastly, I'll drizzle overtop with teriyaki sauce. Repeat the same process for the second bowl. Serve immediately and enjoy!