RECIPE | VEGAN BOLOGNESE PASTA
This is a delicious and simple way to have your Bolognese pasta without having to eat meat! This dish has a great chewy texture that you won’t even know that you’re missing the meat. That’s all thanks to Yves Veggie Cuisine’s Veggie Ground made of soy protein. Yves Veggie Cuisine was kind enough to gift me their veggie ground and I decided to give it a whirl. When I incorporated it into my spaghetti I was so impressed that I had to share this recipe with you all!
This dish is also very quick to make so it’s perfect for nights after work. It can serve a small family of two with leftovers or a family of 4. The best part about this dish is that you’re reducing your carbon footprint by not having meat but it sure tastes like you had some. For this recipe, I’m using Barilla Spaghetti, Yves Veggie Cuisine Veggie Ground, Neal Brothers Tuscan Vegetables Pasta Sauce, red wine, Terra Delyssa Olive oil, carrots, celery, onion, dried oregano flakes, salt and pepper.
Well I hope you give this recipe a try and if you enjoy it, please share it with your family and friends. It would be a great dish for #meatlessmonday!
VEGAN BOLOGNESE PASTA
SERVES 4 | PREP TIME 15 MINS | COOK TIME 15-20 MINS
- 1 x 400 g spaghetti pasta
- 2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small cooking onion, finely diced
- 3 stalks carrots, finely diced
- 3 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano flakes
- 1 x 12 oz pack of Yves Veggie Ground
- 1 x 640 ml Neal Brothers Tuscan Vegetable Tomato Sauce or marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup good quality red wine
- ¼ cup reserved pasta water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: Fresh basil, roughly chopped
- In a pot of boiling water, cook your pasta according to package instructions. Approximately 7-8 minutes. Reserve ¼ cup of pasta water. Strain pasta and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large deep pan set on medium heat, add olive oil and onions. Fry onions until soft. Add carrots, celery and dried oregano and stir. Cook until soft, approximately 5-7 minutes. Turn up heat to high setting. Once hot, pour in red wine and let it evaporate.
- Pour in the pasta sauce and reserved pasta water. Allow this to come to a boil, then lower heat to medium. Add in veggie ground and cook for 3 minutes more. Throw in the strained noodles and mix until noodles are coated in sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Optional: garnish with fresh basil leave.