RECIPE | WESTERN SANDWICH (VEGETARIAN)
Western Sandwiches are my favourite way to pack protein and fibre all in one quick and easy meal. This sandwich will take you less than 15 minutes to whip up and it's great for lunch or dinner. You can also alter this recipe by adding any fixings you desire. I love having peppers, mushrooms, red onions in mine and sometimes I will add some cheddar cheese or tomatoes. There are no rules to a Western sandwich so go wild with it.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
WESTERN SANDWICH RECIPE
SERVES 2 | PREP TIME 7 MINS | COOK TIME 8 MINS
- 4 SLICES OF BREAD
- 2-4 EGGS SCRAMBLED (QUANTITY DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH EGG YOU PREFER IN YOUR OMELETTE, I USUALLY ONLY COOK 1 FOR MYSELF)
- 1 RED OR YELLOW PEPPER DICED
- 1/4 PINT OF WHITE BUTTON MUSHROOMS DICED (APPROX. 3-4 MUSHROOMS)
- 1/4 MEDIUM SIZED RED ONION DICED
- EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above
- In a medium size skillet set on medium heat, add your olive oil and fry your onions until translucent.
- Add in peppers and mushrooms and fry until softened.
- Meanwhile, toast your bread.
- Once your veggies are all cooked, pour in your scrambled eggs and fry on each side until eggs are cooked and not runny.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slide the omelet onto your toasted bread and serve with any condiments you like. I'll usually have mine with some low sodium organic ketchup. Enjoy!