RECIPE | ZUCCHINI MUSHROOM TOMATO PASTA (VEGAN)
This is a quick and easy pasta dish that is great for after work. It only takes 15-20 minutes or less to cook and perhaps 10 minutes to prepare. It's a light sauced pasta so don't expect a soup-load of sauce on your plate. It's loaded with organic zucchini, cremini mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, white wine, fresh basil and lots of spaghettini pasta! The flavour is strong even though it's a light sauced pasta.
For this recipe, I'm using Barilla Spaghettini pasta. They're my favourite brand for pasta because it's delicious and it never fails me. They are also huge on sustainability and ensuring that their manufacturing and business practices are aimed to lower water, energy consumption and CO2 gas emissions. To read more about that, click here. I'm also using Terra Delyssa organic extra virgin olive oil.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and if you do, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed.
ZUCCHINI MUSHROOM TOMATO PASTA RECIPE (VEGAN)
SERVES 3-4 | PREP TIME 10 MINS | COOK TIME 15-20 MINS
- 1 pint organic cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pint organic cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup good quality white wine
- 3 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup reserved hot pasta water
- 400-450 grams or 1 box of spaghettini
- Salt to taste
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above.
- In a large pot filled with water, season with some salt. Boil your pasta according to package instructions (9 minutes, approximately). Don't forget to reserve 1/4 cup hot pasta water. Drain pasta in a colander and set aside.
- Meanwhile in another large pan set on medium heat, add in olive oil and minced garlic. Cook until fragrant and then immediately add in tomatoes, mushrooms and zucchini. Fry until veggies are soft and mushrooms are browned, about 7 minutes. Pour in white wine and let this simmer out for 1 minute. Then pour in reserved pasta water.
- Throw in the chopped fresh basil leaves. Season with salt to taste. Remove the sauce off the heat. Pour in pasta and combine well. Serve immediately and enjoy!