RECIPE | SCALLOPED POTATO & LEEKS
Scalloped Potatoes are such a decadent way to eat potatoes. It's creamy, cheesy and smooth to taste. With a hint of leeks and onions, it really amps up the dish. This is a great side dish and it's perfect for vegetarians.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE
SERVES 6 | PREP TIME 15 MINS | COOK TIME 1 HOUR 10 MINS
- 2 pounds of Potatoes peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 cup of Cream
- 1/4 cup of Butter
- 1/4 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup of Milk 2%
- 2 cups of grated Parmigiana Cheese
- 1 cup of Cheddar or Mozzarella Cheese
- 6 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Leek chopped
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Shallot finely diced
- 1 small handful of Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon of Paprika
REQUIED: 9 X 12 CASSEROLE OR BAKING DISH
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet set on medium heat, melt your butter.
- Add onions and shallots to your skillet. Season with Salt and Pepper. Fry until translucent
- Throw in your leeks and fry until the water content has evaporated
- In a small bowl, mix together minced garlic and cream & milk
- In a 9x12 deep casserole dish, brush the dish with olive oil and it's now time to layer your ingredients:
Begin lining the dish with a layer of potatoes.
Then add a thin layer of leeks, onions and shallots.
Next add a layer of grated Parmigiana Cheese, Cheddar/Mozzerella Cheese.
Sprinkle a light layer of flour, season it with some salt. Sprinkle some fresh thyme leaves. Lastly, pour 1/3 cup of the cream/milk/garlic mixture. Keep repeating the layers until all your ingredients are used. Important: the cream & milk should really only cover up to 3/4 of your dish. Anymore than that and your potatoes will be swimming in liquid - not good.
- Bake uncovered for 60 minutes
- Slice into squares and enjoy!