RECIPE | TUNA BROCOLLI PASTA SALAD
I have really been enjoying Tuna Pasta Salad. It's a very common dish that you see at salad bars and for good reason, it's delicious!!! The tangy mayo flavour combined with the chewy bits of seafood plus the bite of the pasta make this dish a favourite in my books. Most tuna pasta salads don't usually contain broccoli as the vegetable component but I am! I wanted a more fibrous veg to balance out all the carbs. I was inspired to make this salad because I would keep visiting the same salad bar weekly to order this dish. I felt bad constantly purchasing take out containers when I could make my own and bring it in a reusable one. The restaurant I order from makes it with peas, celery, red onion but my version is simpler and thus easier to make! Hooray for simplicity. This dish will literally take you 20 minutes to make - all in.
In this recipe, I'm cooking with Chosen Food's Avocado Oil Mayonnaise which is non GMO. I'm also using tuna which is dolphin-friendly. The pasta is by Barilla and as I've mentioned a few times before, they're really trying to reduce their carbon footprint by reducing their CO2 emissions, electricity and water consumption. Their packaging is also recyclable too.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe. If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
TUNA BROCOLLI PASTA SALAD
SERVES 3-4 | PREP TIME 7 MINS | COOK TIME 13 MINS
- 1 broccoli head, florets and stemmed chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup of avocado oil mayo
- 2 cans of lemon pepper tuna (flaked light tuna)
- 250 g of medium sea shell pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above. Start by boiling your pasta according to package instructions and add 1-2 minutes to the cook time. We want the pasta to be a little bit softer than Al-dente. Trust me on this.
- Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl, mix together the chopped broccoli, tuna, green onions, mayo and season with salt and pepper.
- After pasta is cooked, in a colander rinse with cold water until pasta is cold. Strain out the excess water and pour pasta into mixing bowl along with the rest of your ingredients. Mix until each noodle is covered in mayo. Feel free to add more to your liking. Chill for 30 minutes or if you're impatient like me, you may serve immediately but the taste may not be as settled. Enjoy!